This article will detail how to read and use the Outstanding Instant Pays report in the Back Office. This report is only accessible by Payroll admins, Home Office admins, and Instant System Admins
Please note, depending on the permissions and roles you have assigned in the Instant Back Office application, you may or may not have access to view this Report. If you believe you should have access to this report, please communicate with your organization's Instant Sponsor or Operations coordinator. If they agree you should have this permission assigned, they may be able to assign it to you, or you can reach out to email@example.com, CC them, and request this permission be added.
Outstanding Instant Pays Report
The purpose of the Outstanding Instant Pays Report is to show payroll managers a list of employees who have been paid Instant Pays that have not been recovered by a net pay. The report is organized by pay period or by employee and the records will remain there until the Admin marks the overpayments as recovered, which is an action also taken through this Report Page.
By Pay Period View vs By Employee View
The By Pay Period view provides a list of outstanding Instant Pays in a particular pay period. The By Employee view provides a list of all employees with outstanding Instant Pays, regardless of the pay period. Use the date field to calculate all Instant Pays before that date. Click on the employee record to display more information (dates and pay period information) on net pays and how they relate to the outstanding Instant Pay.
Before Pay Period Close
- You will see a full list of employees that received Instant Pay in the pay period view, or before the date selected in the employee view.
After Payroll Processed, Before Disbursement
- You will see a full list of employees that received Instant Pay in that pay period with the pending Net Pay amount view, or before the date selected in the employee view.
After Payroll Is Disbursed
- You will see a list of employees that either 1) received Instant Pay in that pay period and received no net pay or 2) received Instant Pay in that pay period and received a Net Pay that was less than the total amount of Instant Pay they received.
- Option 1: Carryforwards - if an employee was overpaid, the overpayment amount can carry forward in Instant to a future pay period. When the employee's next net pay is provided in Instant, the overpayment will be deducted from the employee's net pay in the future pay period.
- Option 2: Clearing Overpayments - if an employee was overpaid and there will not be a future paycheck to recoup the amount, the overpayment amount can be exported out of the Outstanding Instant Pays Report, marked as cleared in the Instant Back Office, and imported as a deduction line item in your payroll system. This means the overpayment will be deducted from the employee's next gross pay and the net pay provided to Instant in the next pay period will be net of the overpayment.
- To clear an overpayment click on the three dots to the right and enter a note of how the funds were recouped.
- Once you mark an overpayment as cleared, it will now show up as a line item in the Payroll Report for the respective pay period it occurred (and now cleared) in.
- Please note if you are on the Flex program, meaning your float is funded by Instant, your Outstanding Instant Pays cannot be cleared manually. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Note: Your float total is reduced by the sum of any unresolved outstanding Instant Pays and this money is then owed to Instant and to your Instant Float
Example: This is what the Outstanding Instant Pays report (By Employee) may look like:
Example: Click on any Employee Name to expand more details along the right. Payment information and dates are available to view there:
Once you have handled the overpayment (by deducting it/recouping it outside of the Instant system), you will click the three dots to Clear Overpayment and enter a note*:
*Note: Your float total is reduced by the sum of any unresolved outstanding Instant Pays and this money is then owed to Instant and to your Instant Float