Here are the steps to follow if an employee returns to work for you, and they were previously on the Instant program.
If a rehired employee mistakenly creates a new account, do not approve it as duplicate accounts require assistance before receiving Instant Pay.
You can follow these steps below in order to ensure your rehired employees are onboarding correctly.
- Have your rehire log in to their original account and add the job location within their Instant App from the Jobs page.
- If your employee has trouble signing into their account, please have them contact Instant Support directly. They can chat with us 24/7 through their app Help Screen or www.instant.co/chat, or they can call the number on the back of their card and we will assist them.
The next step will depend on your setup with Instant.
Setup 1: Census/payroll system integrated - If you do not approve employees manually, and your payroll (and/or time and attendance) system is integrated with Instant:
- If the first name, last name, and date of birth matches your payroll system, the job will automatically approve and the Employee ID will be added to the employee profile.
- If the employee’s job is still pending after you confirm the details match your payroll system record (census), this may be a duplicate account. Please deny the pending job position, and direct your employee to log in to their original account.
Setup 2: Non integrated - If you approve employees manually, and your payroll system is not integrated with Instant.
When you see the Pending Job for a rehire on your People Page:
- If the first name, last name, and date of birth matches your payroll system, enter the Payroll or Employee ID on the profile, and clocking ID if applicable. Click Save.
- If you receive the error that the employee ID is already in use, this account is a duplicate account. Please deny the pending job position, and direct your employee to log in to their original account and add the job position there.
If employees have trouble signing into their account, they can contact Instant Support through the app, website, or by calling the number on their card for assistance.